You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IRR error in Numbers

I'm getting an error while calculating IRR in Numbers saying, "IRR can't be currency." I have tried remove currency for the respective cells, putting them on automatic; however, the issue persists. I have also tried different possibilities e.g., entering amount without comma, with comma, with and without $.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

PS: It's MacOS 10.9.5 (13F34)

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 2:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 3:58 AM

IRR takes this form:

So you want something like this:

=IRR(B35:G35,10%)

As you can see the function works with cells formatted as Currency.

There is something strange, though, with your currency formatting. US$ usually takes the form where the , is the thousands separator.

It seems that you have very large positive cash flows after only a small initial cash outflow. I would guess that is not realistic.

SG

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 16, 2020 3:58 AM in response to ashish203

IRR takes this form:

So you want something like this:

=IRR(B35:G35,10%)

As you can see the function works with cells formatted as Currency.

There is something strange, though, with your currency formatting. US$ usually takes the form where the , is the thousands separator.

It seems that you have very large positive cash flows after only a small initial cash outflow. I would guess that is not realistic.

SG

IRR error in Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.