You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Junk mail filter for iPad Pro

I get dozens of spam emails every day on my POP and was hoping that the iPad email program would have a spam filter or some way to block spam email addresses. But sadly Apple Customer Service told me that Apple does not have spam filters, nor can the addresses be blocked. Could this actually be true? Or is there some secret spam-blocker, or some app? Since it takes such a long time to have to delete each email individually. Right now I have over 800 spam emails to delete. After only two weeks or so since I deleted them last. If I wasn’t so diligent I could end up with thousands of them. Sad

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 6:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 7:38 PM

Sadly, while iPad is constantly touted as a replacement for a laptop, it is not. My MB Pro filters mail pretty well, and learns from my Junk identifications. It does not restrict to me using iCloud to filter, and does not blame the ISP.. The iPad does not filter Junk.. Every time I try to use iPad as a replacement, I find that no, it cannot replace a “real” computer. 2nd on my list is the inability to natively Print, and then within the Print dialogue, save to PDF. While iPad can “Share” to PDF, on a website, the results are very different, and not useful on iPad.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2020 7:38 PM in response to KaptainObvious

Sadly, while iPad is constantly touted as a replacement for a laptop, it is not. My MB Pro filters mail pretty well, and learns from my Junk identifications. It does not restrict to me using iCloud to filter, and does not blame the ISP.. The iPad does not filter Junk.. Every time I try to use iPad as a replacement, I find that no, it cannot replace a “real” computer. 2nd on my list is the inability to natively Print, and then within the Print dialogue, save to PDF. While iPad can “Share” to PDF, on a website, the results are very different, and not useful on iPad.

Junk mail filter for iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.