You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't boot Mac Book

Suddenly, my Mac Book gets about 3/4 of the way through the boot up process (3/4 of the white bar under the apple) when the screen goes into the state in the attached picture, and that's the end of it. It doesn't respond to any emergency boot commands. Is there any hope?

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 9:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 3:29 PM

Try steps 2-6 in the following user tip article to see if they can help:

6 replies

Jan 18, 2020 10:40 AM in response to BDAqua

Yep, I happen to have one of those 2017 MacBooks. Great compact design with no fans. Never seemed to get hot, even with the i5 processor running "full steam." Only complaint is the butterfly keys that were introduced back then. Took a bit to get adjusted to using them without having to re-type a lot. As I'm sure you're aware Apple had many complaints and upgraded the keys for their 2019 MacBook Pro and Air models, but seemed not interested in continuing the MacBook line for unknown reasons ... at least to me. Pity, as I do a lot of network troubleshooting and having the extremely compact MacBook made it easy to do.

Can't boot Mac Book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.