You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina won't download

I am running Mojave on my MacBook Pro 2017. When I try to download Catalina, a message says my system is up to date.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 9:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 9:59 PM

No, you can do it. The Terminal program is in the Applications/Utilities folder. Double click it to open. Copy then paste the command I posted into the Terminal window. Press Return. It will ask for your user password, type it in then hit Return. Then you can quit the Terminal. Then reopen System Preferences > Software Update.

If you have any problem, ask.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2020 9:59 PM in response to sherrill65

No, you can do it. The Terminal program is in the Applications/Utilities folder. Double click it to open. Copy then paste the command I posted into the Terminal window. Press Return. It will ask for your user password, type it in then hit Return. Then you can quit the Terminal. Then reopen System Preferences > Software Update.

If you have any problem, ask.

Catalina won't download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.