You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7f9ad9dad5): userspace watchdog timeout: no successful checkins from com.apple.WindowServer in 120 seconds

System keeps crashing while while stepping away from iMac Pro. Here is the problem report for macOS:

panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7f9ad9dad5): userspace watchdog timeout: no successful checkins from com.apple.WindowServer in 120 seconds

service: com.apple.logd, total successful checkins since load (6760 seconds ago): 677, last successful checkin: 0 seconds ago

service: com.apple.WindowServer, total successful checkins since load (6730 seconds ago): 657, last successful checkin: 120 seconds ago

iMac Pro

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 10:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 10:21 AM

Kernel Panics are predominately caused by hardware faults or faulty third-party kernel extensions.

If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a ... - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200553

You can post your Kernel Panic report in their entirety here, preferable three separate reports in three separate "Additional Text" box (see menu below) for ease of reading and comparison. A single report may be useful but does not establish a trend for a meaningful diagnosis.

Kernel Panic reports can be found /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

From the Finder>Go>Go To Folder, copy and paste:

/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

ends in .panic post the whole report if it meets that.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 19, 2020 10:21 AM in response to bahamian2382

Kernel Panics are predominately caused by hardware faults or faulty third-party kernel extensions.

If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a ... - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200553

You can post your Kernel Panic report in their entirety here, preferable three separate reports in three separate "Additional Text" box (see menu below) for ease of reading and comparison. A single report may be useful but does not establish a trend for a meaningful diagnosis.

Kernel Panic reports can be found /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

From the Finder>Go>Go To Folder, copy and paste:

/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

ends in .panic post the whole report if it meets that.

Feb 12, 2020 9:47 AM in response to leroydouglas

I was able to fix the issue in an unusual way. I am running two external monitors which seems to be part of the issue. I disconnected them both. Used the computer for a day without any external monitors. Then I connected one to see if the issue would occur again. The computer went through a few resets over a few days with the single monitor. I then added the second monitor and haven't had any issues since.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.