You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out of Screen Time on child's iPhone and can't change passcode

I just set up Screen Time on my son's Iphone 8. I set up a passcode and entered my apple ID and password when prompted as security in case I ever forgot the passcode. Well, I must not have entered the numbers I thought I did because I get an incorrect passcode message when I try to change the Screen Time settings. So I clicked on "forgot passcode" and entered my apple ID and apple ID password. But instead of letting me reset it, it keeps on counting the failed attempts and telling me I can't log in again for 60 minutes. How can I reset the passcode using the apple ID? That's why it's there as a backup feature, right??

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 7:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 7:20 AM

You can’t reset the screen time passcode. The only option is to set up the phone as new. Follow these instructions—>If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Do not restore a backup, as it will restore the screen time passcode.

Similar questions

1 reply

Locked out of Screen Time on child's iPhone and can't change passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.