You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iphone

Hi, i would like to know if there is any possibility that the thiefs that stole my phone get into it. I had a 6 digit numeric password, if i do not give any information, can they hack into it and see my info? Or they just can reset it and sell it to someone else like “new

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 11:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 11:41 AM

If you had a 6 digit passcode, and you also have Find My iPhone active, they are not going to be able to guess your passcode, and a brute force attack on a 6-digit code is going to take a very long time. If they try and restore the iPhone, if you have Find My iPhone activated, they will not be able to use it due to Activation Lock.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 20, 2020 11:41 AM in response to Tizimadda2011

If you had a 6 digit passcode, and you also have Find My iPhone active, they are not going to be able to guess your passcode, and a brute force attack on a 6-digit code is going to take a very long time. If they try and restore the iPhone, if you have Find My iPhone activated, they will not be able to use it due to Activation Lock.

Stolen iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.