You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

data recovery

I have had to change my passcode a few times (sneaky children) and honest mistake, I forgot the code. Eventually disabled. I have read a few community questions and it seems your data is lost forever should it not be backed up.

If there is a high demand for this, why doesn't apple just create a recover program to do this? You've got enough points of identification and passcodes and face recognition and technology to figure this out. Why is it there is refusal to do this? Or is it easier to jump to a simple android that will somewhat be easier to use? Probably. So not a question but a statement because I feel like all Im going to get back is, "tough luck, you've learnt your lesson now" f off, I'm not a child. Just give me back my photos from the last 6 months.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 2:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 2:51 AM

Because the passcode on your iPhone works like an encryption key to all of the data stored on it. Once the key is lost, you can't recover the data. It's called security.

And no one can do that in the industry actually.

Note for the future, always backup the important data. Your data is your responsibility, not Apple's.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 21, 2020 2:51 AM in response to sonic40

Because the passcode on your iPhone works like an encryption key to all of the data stored on it. Once the key is lost, you can't recover the data. It's called security.

And no one can do that in the industry actually.

Note for the future, always backup the important data. Your data is your responsibility, not Apple's.

data recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.