You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can shortcuts airplay to multiple devices

I am setting up a shortcut to airplay tunein to two homepods, but shortcuts only allows me to select 1 device.

any ways to airplay tunein radio to multiple devices via shortcuts?

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 3:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 8:24 AM

I've been looking for a similar solution for a while, and so far have had no joy in terms of actually being able to create a shortcut that outputs to more than one device at a time.

HOWEVER, the somewhat kludgy solution that I have discovered in the interim is that Siri *will* respond to the native command (without a shortcut) of "play everywhere" and will broadcast whatever your currently playing to all of your speakers.

So now I typically just start with my shortcut that goes to one speaker, and then take a second step to play to all speakers. It's a bit annoying, but it solves the immediate problem until apple lets us do this more...organically.

(Note, I am using three sonos speakers scattered throughout my apartment and am typically playing podcasts off of overcast, so this works with stuff that isn't entirely apple as well).

The "play everywhere" solution also seems to work to just switch from my headphones to all of my speakers when I get home - no need to do to the interim step of switching to one speaker first. The main trick is that you already need to be playing something, otherwise Siri will get confused and start trying to find songs named "everywhere".

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 27, 2020 8:24 AM in response to Alfonso

I've been looking for a similar solution for a while, and so far have had no joy in terms of actually being able to create a shortcut that outputs to more than one device at a time.

HOWEVER, the somewhat kludgy solution that I have discovered in the interim is that Siri *will* respond to the native command (without a shortcut) of "play everywhere" and will broadcast whatever your currently playing to all of your speakers.

So now I typically just start with my shortcut that goes to one speaker, and then take a second step to play to all speakers. It's a bit annoying, but it solves the immediate problem until apple lets us do this more...organically.

(Note, I am using three sonos speakers scattered throughout my apartment and am typically playing podcasts off of overcast, so this works with stuff that isn't entirely apple as well).

The "play everywhere" solution also seems to work to just switch from my headphones to all of my speakers when I get home - no need to do to the interim step of switching to one speaker first. The main trick is that you already need to be playing something, otherwise Siri will get confused and start trying to find songs named "everywhere".

Can shortcuts airplay to multiple devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.