You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating I came to a point I could not access my MacBook since it’s under remote management

I bought a MacBook off a friend 2 years ago and used it for a while and after updating I came to a point I could not access it since it’s under remote management for a school which I’ve contacted and they said they can’t do anything about it and cannot linger proceed from this screen since the school won’t configure the MacBook

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 6:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 8:50 PM

That Mac was not properly prepared for sale, and if the seller (school in your case) refuses to help by removing its MDM profile you will not be able to proceed any further.

Read and follow What to do before you sell, give away, or give away your Mac. You will need to begin with Step 6.

2 replies

After updating I came to a point I could not access my MacBook since it’s under remote management

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.