You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sharing

I am running iTunes 12.8.2.3 on my iMac. I have Home Sharing turned on. My remote devices (including my iPad pro) see the shared library, but it is not the full library. How do I fix this?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 6:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 2:45 PM

Bob in GA wrote:

According to Apple, Home Sharing only shows items purchased from Apple. Since most of my music was ripped from CDs I purchased, I'm out of luck. This kind of *****...

This is incorrect. Home Sharing allows all content to be visible in other devices when they are connected to the same Wifi network. all content includes purchases and content from other sources such as ripped CDs.

If there content missing, explain exactly what you are doing to access the home shared library.

See here:Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 23, 2020 2:45 PM in response to Bob in GA

Bob in GA wrote:

According to Apple, Home Sharing only shows items purchased from Apple. Since most of my music was ripped from CDs I purchased, I'm out of luck. This kind of *****...

This is incorrect. Home Sharing allows all content to be visible in other devices when they are connected to the same Wifi network. all content includes purchases and content from other sources such as ripped CDs.

If there content missing, explain exactly what you are doing to access the home shared library.

See here:Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

Home Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.