You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the volume Indicator on iphone 11??

I recently purchased an iPhone 11 and when I use the volume buttons on the side of the phone, I am not seeing a volume indicator anywhere on my screen (either when the phone is locked or unlocked). The only indicator I receive is "Silent Mode is Off". I have no idea how low or high the volume is until someone calls or texts. Interestingly, I DO receive the volume indicator when I use the same buttons while Instagram is open. What am I missing??? (Note: I know that I can see & adjust the volume from the control center, but I shouldn't have to take this step, right?)

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 7:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 1:15 PM

Hi, Lawrence. Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, this was not the indicator I was receiving when I hit the volume buttons, which was the reason for my post. The indicator you are referring to simply read: "Silent Mode is Off". There was no slider.

I asked my IT rep at work and suggested I do the following, and it worked!

>>Settings>>Sounds & Haptics>>Change with Buttons: ON (mine was switched to OFF)

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2020 1:15 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hi, Lawrence. Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, this was not the indicator I was receiving when I hit the volume buttons, which was the reason for my post. The indicator you are referring to simply read: "Silent Mode is Off". There was no slider.

I asked my IT rep at work and suggested I do the following, and it worked!

>>Settings>>Sounds & Haptics>>Change with Buttons: ON (mine was switched to OFF)

Where is the volume Indicator on iphone 11??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.