You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv

Hi,

I have got lg smart tv, but lately it started losing wifi randomly while I’m watching Netflix. So I was thinking instead of getting my tv fixed, what if I buy Apple Tv. Now the question is if Apple tv is connected to wifi, will I be able to watch Netflix and other things without my Tv being connected to wifi as there are some issues with tv’s wifi.

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 3:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 4:21 AM

Yes, using Apple TV relies only on the internet/home network connection to the Apple TV box, and will not use any network connection to the TV directly.

Verify that you eliminate sources of Wi-Fi interference, to avoid the same issues with a new device.

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

• Other electrical household appliances and electrical wiring could potentially interfere.
  • Metal cabinets and the like could block signals in specific areas.
  • A neighbor’s home Wi-Fi on the same Wi-Fi channel could interfere with your home network.
  • To see a current status of your network, get a report from iStumbler, NetStumbler or similar tool, preferably on a portable device, so you can walk around the house while operating. Look for signal strength, noise, nearby networks.
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 25, 2020 4:21 AM in response to Sunny77A

Yes, using Apple TV relies only on the internet/home network connection to the Apple TV box, and will not use any network connection to the TV directly.

Verify that you eliminate sources of Wi-Fi interference, to avoid the same issues with a new device.

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

• Other electrical household appliances and electrical wiring could potentially interfere.
  • Metal cabinets and the like could block signals in specific areas.
  • A neighbor’s home Wi-Fi on the same Wi-Fi channel could interfere with your home network.
  • To see a current status of your network, get a report from iStumbler, NetStumbler or similar tool, preferably on a portable device, so you can walk around the house while operating. Look for signal strength, noise, nearby networks.

Apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.