You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I HAVE A MAC OS SIERRA VERSION 10.12.6 AND MY MAC DOESN'T INDICATE THAT THERE ARE ANY OS UPDATES? CAN I UPDATE MY COMPUTER TO A NEWER VERSION?

I HAVE A MAC OS SIERRA VERSION 10.12.6 AND MY MAC DOESN'T INDICATE THAT THERE ARE ANY OS UPDATES? CAN I UPDATE MY COMPUTER TO A NEWER VERSION?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 12:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 12:29 PM

Depends on which model you have. To find the model identifier open System Profiler in the Utilities' folder. It's displayed in the panel on the right. You may also find the complete model information by selecting About This Mac from the Apple menu.

Note that you want to upgrade, not update. You have the last update for Sierra. You need to find out if you can upgrade to High Sierra, Mojave, or Catalina.

How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra

How to Upgrade to Mojave

How to upgrade to macOS Catalina

Open the App Store and look for macOS Catalina. Download the installer. If your model cannot run Catalina, then you will be so informed. The download is 4.9GBs.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 25, 2020 12:29 PM in response to cjeuther

Depends on which model you have. To find the model identifier open System Profiler in the Utilities' folder. It's displayed in the panel on the right. You may also find the complete model information by selecting About This Mac from the Apple menu.

Note that you want to upgrade, not update. You have the last update for Sierra. You need to find out if you can upgrade to High Sierra, Mojave, or Catalina.

How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra

How to Upgrade to Mojave

How to upgrade to macOS Catalina

Open the App Store and look for macOS Catalina. Download the installer. If your model cannot run Catalina, then you will be so informed. The download is 4.9GBs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.