You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you import photos from an SDHC card?

How do you import photos from an SDHC card? I plugged in the card and it created a file in Finder that I copied and dragged into Photos. I wiped the SDHC card and ejected it. When I tried to fool with the pictures I'd imported, a message said the originals were missing and these could not be opened, changed, modified, edited, cropped, forwarded. What did I miss? New to Catalina and to SDHC cards. Thank you all.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 3:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 4:18 PM

Check your library's General preference pane to see if you're running a "managed" or "referenced" library:

If it's referenced then you've lost your pictures. That's why it's always smart to confirm the photos have been successfully imported into the library before deleting from the source. When I used a camera with memory cards I would download them to a folder on the Desktop first to make sure they were save on the hard drive and then import into the library.

Like the experienced carpenter does: measure twice and cut once.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 26, 2020 4:18 PM in response to terry Thometz

Check your library's General preference pane to see if you're running a "managed" or "referenced" library:

If it's referenced then you've lost your pictures. That's why it's always smart to confirm the photos have been successfully imported into the library before deleting from the source. When I used a camera with memory cards I would download them to a folder on the Desktop first to make sure they were save on the hard drive and then import into the library.

Like the experienced carpenter does: measure twice and cut once.

How do you import photos from an SDHC card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.