You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari used to open with Top Sites; now it opens with Google. I cannot select Top Sites under Develop menu so that Safari will open with a Top Sites display. How do I reestablish that?

I want Safari to open showing Top Sites as it used to do. Now it opens with Google. I never changed the Top Sites opening page. It will not let me select/check Top Sites in the Develop menu. How do I change it back? Thanks

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 1:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 1:46 PM

Have you got the Safari general settings correct? "Safari opens with a new window" and "New windows open with Top Sites"?

1 reply

Safari used to open with Top Sites; now it opens with Google. I cannot select Top Sites under Develop menu so that Safari will open with a Top Sites display. How do I reestablish that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.