You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air won’t turn on

My Macbook Air just suddenly died 2 days ago and even after plugging in the charger, the power does not turn on. I have tried everything (SMC, pressing shift+ctrl+opt+power button etc) and it still does not work. What should I do? Should I just take it to the store?

MacBook

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 11:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 12:18 PM

Did you try...Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Other options...Mac startup key combinations - Apple Support

If still no go, yes take it to a store...Click Here...https://www.apple.com/retail/storelist/

Or...Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller

4 replies

Jan 28, 2020 2:49 PM in response to hanna_l

Well when my screen disappeared, I could still hear a noise, but it turned out there was something bent inside. Eventually it succumbed to water damage. If it's not making a sound though, it's probably a battery issue, so I would take it into the store. Set up your appointment online with the Genius Bar at a location near you. Sorry that sucks :(

Macbook Air won’t turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.