You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro won’t load right

I have turned on and off the MacBook Pro multiple times but I can’t get it to load past a white screen or even get the password bar to load on to log in. I just tried it again and now I get the cancel of death? It is old, maybe a reboot won’t fix it. But anyhow it’s flashing the cancel thing now. What can I do? If I can fix I would really rather do that then buy a one.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 11:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 11:58 AM

alenafrommascoutah wrote:

I have turned on and off the MacBook Pro multiple times but I can’t get it to load past a white screen or even get the password bar to load on to log in. I just tried it again and now I get the cancel of death? It is old, maybe a reboot won’t fix it. But anyhow it’s flashing the cancel thing now. What can I do? If I can fix I would really rather do that then buy a one.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/5a68ea37-df75-4646-a235-1f1da9ea83f0

A circle with a line or slash through it means that the selected startup disk contains a Mac operating system, but it's not a macOS that your Mac can use. You should reinstall macOS on that disk.

About the screens on your Mac as it starts up - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 29, 2020 11:58 AM in response to alenafrommascoutah

alenafrommascoutah wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/5a68ea37-df75-4646-a235-1f1da9ea83f0

A circle with a line or slash through it means that the selected startup disk contains a Mac operating system, but it's not a macOS that your Mac can use. You should reinstall macOS on that disk.

About the screens on your Mac as it starts up - Apple Support

MacBook Pro won’t load right

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.