You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 selfie quality

Is anyone else with an iPhone 11 also having issue with the camera resolution? It’s very pixeled and grainy. Especially when it comes to using Snapchat. Is Apple going to make an update to fix this? If so what time span because i honestly want to go back to my old phone it’s that bad the quality

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 6:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 6:46 PM

Apple cannot fix anything having to do with Snapchat. Snapchat is a 3rd party and Apple doesn't own them, their app or any of the code. Other's have commented using the front facing camera with Snapchat produces less than desirable results. But that is something Snapchat and only Snapchat can resolve.

Let Snapchat know.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 29, 2020 6:46 PM in response to zenia240

Apple cannot fix anything having to do with Snapchat. Snapchat is a 3rd party and Apple doesn't own them, their app or any of the code. Other's have commented using the front facing camera with Snapchat produces less than desirable results. But that is something Snapchat and only Snapchat can resolve.

Let Snapchat know.

Feb 14, 2020 12:14 PM in response to zenia240

I’m a professional retoucher for video media with 13 years experience and I can tell you for a fact that the selfie camera in my iPhone 11 is color correcting the Gamma up in the midtones and shadows.

It’s a similar effect to color key techniques in Adobe Premiere called “beauty box.”

It’s probably adding some sort of “high pass” with “linear light” psd style blend mode so there’s some hint of original texture but it’s extremely hard to notice to the untrained eye.

iPhone 11 selfie quality

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.