You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iPhone pro max

My phone was stolen 2 weeks ago and now I have been sent this email. My question is do u think this is genuine 🤔

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 9:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 9:19 AM

Bogus return address, bogus contents, yes, of course that’s genuinely the folks with your phone trying to get full access to the phone, and to the rest of your universe. Forward it to Apple at the reportphishing address included in the article below... (And delete that message.)

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 30, 2020 9:19 AM in response to Mcbooty81

Bogus return address, bogus contents, yes, of course that’s genuinely the folks with your phone trying to get full access to the phone, and to the rest of your universe. Forward it to Apple at the reportphishing address included in the article below... (And delete that message.)

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Jan 30, 2020 9:19 AM in response to Mcbooty81

No, it is a phishing scam to attempt to get your Apple ID password so that they can remove activation lock from your phone. Do not respond to it or use any links in it or future emails supposedly from Apple.

Also see: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

It as instructions if you want to report the email to Apple.

Stolen iPhone pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.