You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot turn off WiFi on my Apple Timecapsule

I have an older Time Capsule v7.81 and a brand new eero mesh network setup. I am trying to turn off the wifi on the Time Capsule using the AirPort Utility. When I go to the wireless tab and select Network Mode: off for WiFi, then hit apply I get the error message "An error occurred while updating the configuration."

Any suggestions? I'm connecting via the new eero network. The Time Capsule is hard wired to an ethernet switch connected to the eero pro hub.

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 9:05 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 30, 2020 9:25 AM in response to Billfromhamden

Now will the Time Machine backups still work?

Possibly, but Apple does not officially support Time Machine backups over a third party wireless network, so this is going to be one of those times when you will not know whether something will work until you try it out.

If backups won't run, we need the make and model number of your modem or modem/router before we can start the troubleshooting process.

Cannot turn off WiFi on my Apple Timecapsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.