You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are my Numbers files that are not recently opened?

I have all of my recently opened files in the drop down menu, but am not able to located the ones that I had opened previous to that.

Help Please! These are important work files.

Thanks

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 6:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 2:20 AM

If you have not specified different locations for different files, they are very likely in the same location as the 'recents'.

In the File menu, choose Open.

This will open a dialogue containing a Finde window and a search box.

Enter part of the name of the document you are looking for in the box, and press enter.

If you can't think of the name, or part of it, enter the name of one of the files in the Recents list, as I did here:

In the search box at top right, I entered card labels, then clicked "NAME" in the choices offered.

Two files were found, and listed, with the date they were last opened.

Clicking on one of them showed the path to the file. expanding the pane horizontally would show the names of the folders along that path, as will placing the mouse pointer on each of the folders. Double clicking one of the folders will open that folder. Double clicking the file name will open in in Numbers.

Regards,

Barry

PS: Depending on the age of your Numbers application and your version of OS X or macOS, your display may look quite different. Apple has recently changed its file system, which may have affected what is shown in these dialogues.

B.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 1, 2020 2:20 AM in response to terah130

If you have not specified different locations for different files, they are very likely in the same location as the 'recents'.

In the File menu, choose Open.

This will open a dialogue containing a Finde window and a search box.

Enter part of the name of the document you are looking for in the box, and press enter.

If you can't think of the name, or part of it, enter the name of one of the files in the Recents list, as I did here:

In the search box at top right, I entered card labels, then clicked "NAME" in the choices offered.

Two files were found, and listed, with the date they were last opened.

Clicking on one of them showed the path to the file. expanding the pane horizontally would show the names of the folders along that path, as will placing the mouse pointer on each of the folders. Double clicking one of the folders will open that folder. Double clicking the file name will open in in Numbers.

Regards,

Barry

PS: Depending on the age of your Numbers application and your version of OS X or macOS, your display may look quite different. Apple has recently changed its file system, which may have affected what is shown in these dialogues.

B.

Where are my Numbers files that are not recently opened?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.