You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers: Where's Save As?

I’m a Mac Power user.

I use Photoshop and Illustrator daily to earn my keep.

I try to use Numbers for invoicing, book keeping, templates and projections but at the end of the year I’ve got a mess.

Wish I could bill Apple for all the wasted time I’ve spent trying to figger out what where all my stuff went.

The only thing saving my kiester is hard copy.

Give us Save As.

;-(

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 11:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 11:22 AM

Save and name a spreadsheet in Numbers on Mac - Apple Support

1. With the spreadsheet open, hold down the Option key on your keyboard and choose File > Save As (from the File menu at the top of your screen).
  2. Type a name for the copy, then press Return.

The copy is saved to the same location as the original. You can change where the copy is saved or send the copy to someone.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2020 11:22 AM in response to PatritoWorks7

Save and name a spreadsheet in Numbers on Mac - Apple Support

1. With the spreadsheet open, hold down the Option key on your keyboard and choose File > Save As (from the File menu at the top of your screen).
  2. Type a name for the copy, then press Return.

The copy is saved to the same location as the original. You can change where the copy is saved or send the copy to someone.

Feb 1, 2020 11:14 AM in response to Barry

Hi Barry!

Never owned anything but Macs.

The darned things work so good I seldom complain.

I use photoshop and Illustrator full time but just started using Numbers in 2019.

Photoshop removed the need to use the space bar to resize selections and avoid distortion…and upset many users.

I like the feature. But when you don’t know you don’t know.

Every time I’d bill out a customer, Numbers gave me the hard copy I required for invoicing but failed miserably when I needed to back up some history for the IRS. I’ve got a years worth of Numbers invoices scattered across my computer like a tornado hit. My hard copy system saved the day.

Thanks for the input!

I simply had no idea happiness was just a teardrop away.

Jan 31, 2020 5:51 PM in response to PatritoWorks7

Hi Patrito,

I take it you're either a recent immigrant to the Mac, or have recently made an investment in replacing a (very) old Mac.

If memory serves, Save as… was removed from the File menu of Mac applications (and replaced by Duplicate at the introduction of OS X v10.7 (Lion) in 2011, much the the chagrin of many Mac users.

Save as…, now requiring use of the option key, was brought back, memory says, the next year in Mountain Lion (or possibly the following year in Mavericks), and has been in the File menu of all versions of Numbers since then.

Regards,

Barry

Numbers: Where's Save As?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.