You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I upload all my photos to iCloud?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 3:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 6:26 AM

If you have synced your photos to iCloud, then you need not upload but deleting your photos on iPhone will delete them on your iCloud too.

Consider, uploading to Cloud Drives (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, Flickr, box, AmazonDrive etc)

What exactly you want to achieve?

Backup: To protect your data from loss, a copy of your device data is kept in a encrypted / coded form. Can be used in case of upgrade to new iPhone or loss of iPhone etc.. by Restoring.

Import: Transfer & Store on Mac / PC / External HDD for long-term (Risk of HDD corruption / malfunctioning)

Sync: Keep your Photos / data visible and available on all devices that you access to. If you have synced your photos to iCloud, then deleting your photos on iPhone will delete them on your iCloud too.

Upload: (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, Flickr, box, AmazonDrive etc) : Long term data storage with full data protection. Access from anywhere any time

Archive: Make copies of the information that you use with iCloud. You might want to make a copy of the information you keep in iCloud. If you accidentally delete an important contact, email, or document, you can restore it from iCloud or from another copy that you have. Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 1, 2020 6:26 AM in response to Lexyintexy

If you have synced your photos to iCloud, then you need not upload but deleting your photos on iPhone will delete them on your iCloud too.

Consider, uploading to Cloud Drives (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, Flickr, box, AmazonDrive etc)

What exactly you want to achieve?

Backup: To protect your data from loss, a copy of your device data is kept in a encrypted / coded form. Can be used in case of upgrade to new iPhone or loss of iPhone etc.. by Restoring.

Import: Transfer & Store on Mac / PC / External HDD for long-term (Risk of HDD corruption / malfunctioning)

Sync: Keep your Photos / data visible and available on all devices that you access to. If you have synced your photos to iCloud, then deleting your photos on iPhone will delete them on your iCloud too.

Upload: (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, Flickr, box, AmazonDrive etc) : Long term data storage with full data protection. Access from anywhere any time

Archive: Make copies of the information that you use with iCloud. You might want to make a copy of the information you keep in iCloud. If you accidentally delete an important contact, email, or document, you can restore it from iCloud or from another copy that you have. Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.