You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro freezes up about 10 seconds after sign in and reboots. How do I fix?

My MacBook Pro freezes up about 5- 10 seconds after sign in and reboots. I have reinstalled MacIOS twice, did the PRAM, SMC, etc. I know longer get the Apple message highlighting the error but it still keeps freezing and rebooting. I notice it still taking long to sign in. The programs I had up prior to this issue keep popping up. I tried to force quit them one by one in the 10 second window I had each time it rebooted thinking maybe one of them cause a kernel panic. That window is now 5 seconds or less before freeze up. I can sign in as a guest and access safari but that’s it. Any thoughts?

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 5:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 6:24 AM

Please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac.

Similar questions

1 reply

My MacBook Pro freezes up about 10 seconds after sign in and reboots. How do I fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.