You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod no longer plays my songs on request only from iPhone?

Since most recent update I seemed to have lost the ability too ask Siri to "play Bob Seger" or whomever I ask from my library.

I can ask a band name, album name or song name and Siri responds with "I can't find any... in your music".

Never had this happen in past 2 years but now after update from last week 13.3.1 I've lost requests ability.

I don't have Apple Music subscription but have thousands of songs/albums bought from Apple Music and many more ripped from cd's.

Tried removing from Home app and rebooting and a complete reset but neither worked.

Any help?

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 7:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 4:52 AM

After a very late night reading and trying just about everything I could find again it appears my entire Music Library no longer shows my purchased music to HomePod. It sees it as ripped music...

AppleCare is researching what/how to repair as I have every single receipt email sent for paid music/videos and movies going back to my first purchase.

My latest free month on Apple Music overlapped iOS latest update. I never deleted library it anything like that. And have rebuilt library before with no issues.

As a matter of fact I had to reimport music to regain Artwork (even embedded) after the Catalina update. I wasn’t alone on that one.

Many thanks to all who helped.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 3, 2020 4:52 AM in response to chevysales

After a very late night reading and trying just about everything I could find again it appears my entire Music Library no longer shows my purchased music to HomePod. It sees it as ripped music...

AppleCare is researching what/how to repair as I have every single receipt email sent for paid music/videos and movies going back to my first purchase.

My latest free month on Apple Music overlapped iOS latest update. I never deleted library it anything like that. And have rebuilt library before with no issues.

As a matter of fact I had to reimport music to regain Artwork (even embedded) after the Catalina update. I wasn’t alone on that one.

Many thanks to all who helped.

Feb 2, 2020 7:54 PM in response to chevysales

Just tried it after the game...

it only plays and shows the last video I bought from Apple Music around Xmas... so I bought a jazz album just now and it shows everywhere in Music immediately as expected (iPhone 11Pro Max and 16"MBP) yet doesn't play in Hompod? Siri says I don't have and Grover Washington Jr. "Live At The Bijou" and I want to smack Siri and teller she wrong... 2 years of pretty much problem free use and a few updates to say the least.

Feb 2, 2020 8:20 PM in response to chevysales

Just tried it after the game...

It only plays and shows the last video I bought from Apple Music around Xmas... so I bought a jazz album just now and it shows everywhere in Music immediately as expected (iPhone 11Pro Max and 16"MBP) yet doesn't play in Homepod?

Siri says I don't have any Grover Washington Jr. "Live At The Bijou" and I want to smack Siri and tell her she's wrong... 2 years of pretty much problem free use and a few updates to say the least.

EDIT: I just noticed a setting in Music>Preferences>General Tab... "Sync Library" and "Automatic Downloads" on first tab I don't recall being there (haven't looked in a while either. both are unchecked).

This in the Music app on new 16" MBP.

My reading in "Apple Music User Guide" and elsewhere says I shouldn't even have these two choices unless I have an Apple Music Subscription or iTunes Match and I don't have either.

I don't even have "Show Apple Music" checked on iPhone. Which just adds Browse and For You tabs.

I have used their free month offering in the past but everything worked fine when I canceled at end of free period.

Not sure if I should have them checked or what they could possibly do if I don't have a subscription. I do have about 2000 songs with close to 1000 bought from Apple since 07/09?

HomePod no longer plays my songs on request only from iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.