You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple itunes

I have received information that advise to go to Microsoft if I want to download itunes to my computer.

When I try to perform this the INSTALL button is grey and it will not allow me to do it.

The next line states "To use this app, upgrade to the latest version of Windows"

No mention of how to do that or who to seek advise from

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 9:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 10:18 PM

Navy2018 Said:

"Apple itunes: I have received information that advise to go to Microsoft if I want to download itunes to my computer.

When I try to perform this the INSTALL button is grey and it will not allow me to do it. The next line states 'To use this app, upgrade to the latest version of Windows' No mention of how to do that or who to seek advise from"

-------

A Few Notes:

• Windows 10 version 16299.0 or higher is the required version of Windows to be installed for successful installation and use of the latest version of iTunes for Windows

• So, Perform the Following For a Successful Installation:
  1. Uninstall iTunes on your PC
  2. Restart your PC
  3. Get iTunes for Windows - MS Support
  4. View The System Requirements - Apple Support
  5. View Your PC's Windows Version - MS Support
  6. Install the Software
  7. Proceed from there as necessary.

• Avoid Phishing: This may be phishing software. From what did you receive this information? From where did you download this installation file? Be certain you get this installation from Microsoft. Go Here: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' - Apple Support
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 1, 2020 10:18 PM in response to Navy2018

Navy2018 Said:

"Apple itunes: I have received information that advise to go to Microsoft if I want to download itunes to my computer.

When I try to perform this the INSTALL button is grey and it will not allow me to do it. The next line states 'To use this app, upgrade to the latest version of Windows' No mention of how to do that or who to seek advise from"

-------

A Few Notes:

• Windows 10 version 16299.0 or higher is the required version of Windows to be installed for successful installation and use of the latest version of iTunes for Windows

• So, Perform the Following For a Successful Installation:
  1. Uninstall iTunes on your PC
  2. Restart your PC
  3. Get iTunes for Windows - MS Support
  4. View The System Requirements - Apple Support
  5. View Your PC's Windows Version - MS Support
  6. Install the Software
  7. Proceed from there as necessary.

• Avoid Phishing: This may be phishing software. From what did you receive this information? From where did you download this installation file? Be certain you get this installation from Microsoft. Go Here: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' - Apple Support

Apple itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.