You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam

All of a sudden I’m getting lots of spam in my emails. Why?

Posted on Feb 2, 2020 1:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2020 1:52 PM

Nana,

Emails are managed by the user (you) and the recipient of the emails. Your email address probably ended up on some sort of a mailing list of folks who send out these spam emails. Apple does not control this. Your email provider cannot control it except mark these emails as spam (the best they can). Government continues to try and control this spam email epidemic.

What you can do is to watch where and with whom you share your email address with. The truth is that even reputable organizations share your email address at times with their partners and then it leaks out from there. On this subject, "Do the best you can" is my only advice at this time.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 2, 2020 1:52 PM in response to NanaGuas1

Nana,

Emails are managed by the user (you) and the recipient of the emails. Your email address probably ended up on some sort of a mailing list of folks who send out these spam emails. Apple does not control this. Your email provider cannot control it except mark these emails as spam (the best they can). Government continues to try and control this spam email epidemic.

What you can do is to watch where and with whom you share your email address with. The truth is that even reputable organizations share your email address at times with their partners and then it leaks out from there. On this subject, "Do the best you can" is my only advice at this time.

Axel F.

Spam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.