You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My computer does not recognize my phone

How do I re-establish connection between my phone and my iMac?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 7:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 8:53 AM

Hello, Unsavvy User.

We'd like to help you, but your question is a little vague.

It appears that you are asking about re-establising a connection between your iPhone 6s running iOS 13 and an iMac.

Which model and year of iMac and what macOS version?

Please be advised that the current macOS Catalina has changed the way we interact with our iPhones when connected to our Mac computers. iTunes is no longer the focal point of syncing. Finder has become the preferred tool for updating and syncing the iPhone.

Please take a look at this support document:

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone... with your computer - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 4, 2020 8:53 AM in response to Unsavvy User

Hello, Unsavvy User.

We'd like to help you, but your question is a little vague.

It appears that you are asking about re-establising a connection between your iPhone 6s running iOS 13 and an iMac.

Which model and year of iMac and what macOS version?

Please be advised that the current macOS Catalina has changed the way we interact with our iPhones when connected to our Mac computers. iTunes is no longer the focal point of syncing. Finder has become the preferred tool for updating and syncing the iPhone.

Please take a look at this support document:

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone... with your computer - Apple Support

My computer does not recognize my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.