You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music downloads with iTunes subscription.

I have an iTunes subscription. I want to download music. Why do I have to purchase songs in order to download them? I thought they were free with a subscription. Please help.

iMac Pro

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 7:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 9:57 AM

You do not have to. You have two choices:

• You can download Apple Music tracks at no charge. You can use them for offline listening as long as your subscription is active.
  • If you want a "permanent" copy, you can buy a purchased download for the usual fee (around $1.29 usually).
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 9, 2020 9:57 AM in response to Macnme2000

You do not have to. You have two choices:

• You can download Apple Music tracks at no charge. You can use them for offline listening as long as your subscription is active.
  • If you want a "permanent" copy, you can buy a purchased download for the usual fee (around $1.29 usually).

Music downloads with iTunes subscription.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.