You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just subscribed to a one year free Apple TV. I watched a movie via rent do I have to pay for that . I thought it was free?

I just subscribed to a one year free Apple TV. I watched a movie via rent do I have to pay for that . I thought it was free? It’s through the iPhone app

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 7:18 AM

8 replies

Feb 9, 2020 7:34 AM in response to sal236

The Apple TV+ subscription will give you access to Apple TV+ content, without asking to pay when subscribed.

The Apple TV app acts as a hub for more content that just Apple TV+. It also is a way to access iTunes Store movies and TV shows. Those are not included in the Apple TV+ subscription. It also is a way to access other premium Channels inside the Apple TV app. Those require separate subscriptions.

You can recognize Apple TV+ content by the ‘tv+’ logo on the artwork, or by going to the Apple TV+ Channel overview.

Feb 9, 2020 8:51 AM in response to sal236

The Apple TV Plus subscription gives access to Apple original content only. You can see what is included in the service by scrolling down to the Apple TV channels section and selecting the Apple TV Plus icon. There are currently 12 series and 2 movies.

The TV app includes more then just Apple TV Plus, like items from the iTunes store as well as other Apple TV channels.

Items from the iTunes store are from 3rd party providers and done via purchase or rental. You rented a movie from the iTunes store, which has a separate cost associated with it.

I just subscribed to a one year free Apple TV. I watched a movie via rent do I have to pay for that . I thought it was free?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.