You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone stolen

I just got a new phone and switch my sim card. But unfortunately i did not have the change to switch everything and my old phone was stolen. what do you suggest so that the thief will not have access to anything form that phone?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 9:05 AM

2 replies

Feb 12, 2020 9:19 AM in response to sildevie

If you had setup a passcode on that iPhone then the thief has little to no chance guessing it and getting in the iPhone. Hopefully had a complex passcode set to lock it. Do not remove the iPhone from your device list under your Apple ID. This will prevent someone else from activating it. More than likely, the person will try and reset the passcode of the iPhone and that will erase all the data on it first. After that s/he will require the Apple ID information and things will stop right at that point. Be careful about emails or texts or calls that you may get regarding your Apple ID. Some thieves will use phishing methods to extract the information out of the victim.

Long story short, if you have a good passcode in place and do not remove the device from your Apple ID then the chances are in your favor. The person will not be able to retrieve any of your data.

Axel F.

iPhone stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.