You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMOVIE 10.1.14

I detached my audio from my video because i needed to slide my audio a bit to fix a sync issue.

Now I want to clip off the beginning of my video but only the video is editing, not the audio.

Can I edit both together if the audio has been detached?

best,

Michael

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 7:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 7:29 PM

If you select both the audio clip and the video clip, so that they both are outlined in yellow at the same time, you will be able to apply a Modify/Split Clip to the video clip and have the split also apply to the audio clip.

Another way would be to share out the re-synced clips to your desktop as a standalone move. That will merge the audio and video clips as you have synced them. You can then import the shared out movie back into an iMovie project and edit audio and video together.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 13, 2020 7:29 PM in response to mlennon11

If you select both the audio clip and the video clip, so that they both are outlined in yellow at the same time, you will be able to apply a Modify/Split Clip to the video clip and have the split also apply to the audio clip.

Another way would be to share out the re-synced clips to your desktop as a standalone move. That will merge the audio and video clips as you have synced them. You can then import the shared out movie back into an iMovie project and edit audio and video together.

-- Rich

IMOVIE 10.1.14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.