You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Copy itunes Playlists onto a USB

Hi - I am trying to copy (drop and drag) my itunes set playlists from my PC to my USB. When I copy the folder (or individual playlists), a red circle with a red line through it appears when I attempt to leave the itunes page, hence the action is not completed. I have checked several forums/posts etc, but no actions have prevailed. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Also on my PC where itunes library is stored, I can access all the music I have downloaded, but not the playlists. Would playlists normally be stored on my PC too?

Thanks in advance!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 10:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 9:19 AM

The playlists are stored within the iTunes Library.itl database. You can export various formats of playlist file if you wish. You can try dragging a playlist to a location on your desktop instead of directly to your USB drive, then copy that exported folder if successful. See also ExportToFolder.

tt2

1 reply

Unable to Copy itunes Playlists onto a USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.