You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Grabbing/Selecting Cells in iMac Numbers

Grabbing Cells in Numbers. For some reason one day I was able to select more than one cell at a time and now I can not! Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank you

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 9:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 12:27 PM

Hi jv,

A description of the actions you take when attempting to select more than one cell at a time might help determine what is causing the issue.

Meantime, my response to a similar question may provide some insight.

Regards,

Barry

2 replies

Feb 15, 2020 6:44 AM in response to jvfrank

If you are trying to grab a block of cells by clicking and dragging (a very handy feature in Numbers!) then that can sometimes be a little tricky, at least using a trackpad. If you press too hard or you wait too long only one cell is grabbed before you have time to move the cursor to select other cells and drag them as a block.

A relatively light press followed by a quick drag of the cursor works here to select a block of cells rather than just one cell. After they are selected a "deep" press and the whole block can be dragged elsewhere in the table or onto the canvas of the sheet to form a new table.

SG

Grabbing/Selecting Cells in iMac Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.