You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home movie not showing on my AppleTV on my TV

I have a home movie on my appleTV on my iMac. Why does it not show on my AppleTV on my TV?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 10:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 4:06 PM

Did you activate Home Sharing (on both devices)?

Do both the iMac and the Apple TV box use the same home network and the same Apple ID account for Home Sharing?

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

Note that Home Sharing files do not show up in the Apple TV app on the Apple TV box, but instead in the Computers app.

Note that Home Sharing isn’t directly supported on TVs with the Apple TV app, and third party streaming devices with the Apple TV app. You’ll need the Apple TV set-top box for that.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 14, 2020 4:06 PM in response to MikeFast

Did you activate Home Sharing (on both devices)?

Do both the iMac and the Apple TV box use the same home network and the same Apple ID account for Home Sharing?

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

Note that Home Sharing files do not show up in the Apple TV app on the Apple TV box, but instead in the Computers app.

Note that Home Sharing isn’t directly supported on TVs with the Apple TV app, and third party streaming devices with the Apple TV app. You’ll need the Apple TV set-top box for that.

Home movie not showing on my AppleTV on my TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.