You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I disable the volume control overlay in Mojave?

Can anyone tell me how I can disable the volume control overlay bezel in MacOS 10.14 Mojave?

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 11:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 5:14 PM

Yes you're right I should have made it clearer what it is I am trying to disable. It's the panel that appears on screen every time the volume is adjusted, this volume control overlay...

5 replies

Feb 17, 2020 11:36 AM in response to David Jenner2

Please provide more information. What bezel? Do you mean the menubar icon or something else?

Please read Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question. We are here to help. We are all users. We are not mind-readers nor clairvoyants. We only know what you write down and tell us. Be specific and thorough. Include your hardware information and installed version of macOS.

Feb 20, 2020 6:41 PM in response to Kappy

Aah, that's a shame, the menubar volume control is not going to work for me.

I did some research and I found this terminal string...

sudo /bin/chmod -x /System/Library/LoginPlugins/BezelServices.loginPlugin/Contents/Resources/BezelUI/BezelUIServer

But the BezelUIServer no longer appears to a part of the contents of the BezelServices.loginPlugin in Mojave and Catalina. I wonder if this has been renamed?

How can I disable the volume control overlay in Mojave?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.