You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem in pairing Apple watch series 3 with iphone 6 plus

My Iphone 6 is up to date (iOS version 12.4.5) and I keep getting the message to update my iphone when I try to pair the Apple Watch.

I saw that you need to update the apple watch software as well, but how can I do that since my watch is brand new and I have no access to update function without pairing it first?

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 3:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 5:10 PM

The current shipping Apple Watch Series 3 and 5 models require an iPhone 6s, SE, 7 or newer running iOS 13.  They will Not pair with the iPhone 6 or older.

Check with your retailer for their return policy. Apple has a 14-day return policy

https://www.apple.com/shop/help/returns_refund

5 replies

Feb 17, 2020 5:37 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

So you are telling me to watch footnotes on a website instead of going into a rental store and asking the vendors? That is really dumb. I asked a direct and objective question if the watch would work with my 6 plus and got a positive response.

But I will make sure to never trust apple vendors again, or the company itself. I will just buy another smartwatch. The worst thing is to wait until next weekend to have time to go to that store again.

Problem in pairing Apple watch series 3 with iphone 6 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.