You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My recently deleted isn’t deleting

My storage was full, I deleted all my photos( about 12000). They appeared in recently deleted. I tried deleting them (delete all) it didn’t work. They are taking 39 Gb and nothing is working pls help. I tried changing the date. Photos in recently deleted are not deleting!!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 20, 2020 12:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2020 10:21 PM

It sounds like you are experiencing an error when managing photos. You can try selecting 500 photos at a time (or lesser). Delete and wait for a good 10-15 seconds. Realistically, it shouldn’t even take that long. If that does not work, you may want to consider restarting your device then try deleting your photos again.

How to restart

1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  3. After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

Hope it helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 20, 2020 10:21 PM in response to petra188

It sounds like you are experiencing an error when managing photos. You can try selecting 500 photos at a time (or lesser). Delete and wait for a good 10-15 seconds. Realistically, it shouldn’t even take that long. If that does not work, you may want to consider restarting your device then try deleting your photos again.

How to restart

1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  3. After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

Hope it helps!

My recently deleted isn’t deleting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.