You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why I’m i getting text messages from someone I blocked?

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 21, 2020 7:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2020 10:50 PM

You can block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your device. You can also filter iMessages from unknown senders and report iMessages that look like spam or junk.

When you block a phone number or contact, they can still leave a voicemail, but you won't get a notification. Messages that are sent or received won't be delivered. Also, the contact won't get a notification that the call or message was blocked. When you block an email address from Mail, it goes to the trash folder. Email blocking works across all your Apple devices.

You can also enable settings to block spam phone calls.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 21, 2020 10:50 PM in response to dmjcr24

You can block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your device. You can also filter iMessages from unknown senders and report iMessages that look like spam or junk.

When you block a phone number or contact, they can still leave a voicemail, but you won't get a notification. Messages that are sent or received won't be delivered. Also, the contact won't get a notification that the call or message was blocked. When you block an email address from Mail, it goes to the trash folder. Email blocking works across all your Apple devices.

You can also enable settings to block spam phone calls.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.