You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't perform a macOS upgrade on my MacBook pro (2015)

I am currently running macOS Sierra on my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15", mid 2015), and when I try to download and upgrade my macOS (I have tried different macOS versions High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina), I am able to download the new macOS from the App store but when I try to install I get the following message: "This copy of the Install macOS High Sierra (Mojave, Catalina, etc) application is damaged and can't be used to install macOS" How do I correct this problem? Other than this I have had no issues with my machine since I bought it new.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 4:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2020 7:36 PM

ziggy160 wrote:

Thanks for the tip. Before I had a chance to try the Safe mode option I had tried downloading another copy of Catalina and it worked this time ....

Typically it is a slow Network connection that causes this issue—

"This copy of the Install macOS...application is damaged and can't be used to install macOS"

If your download speed is suspect, next time try a different Network or plug directly in with an Ethernet cable.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 23, 2020 7:36 PM in response to ziggy160

ziggy160 wrote:

Thanks for the tip. Before I had a chance to try the Safe mode option I had tried downloading another copy of Catalina and it worked this time ....

Typically it is a slow Network connection that causes this issue—

"This copy of the Install macOS...application is damaged and can't be used to install macOS"

If your download speed is suspect, next time try a different Network or plug directly in with an Ethernet cable.

Can't perform a macOS upgrade on my MacBook pro (2015)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.