You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new apple keyboard but can't see "Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys”

I bought a brand new apple keyboard with numeric keypad, and want to use the function keys for volume etc, but when I go to adjust the Function keys in system preferences as I had with my old keyboard, "Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys” is not appearing at all. See pic. Any ideas why?

iMac 27", OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 23, 2020 6:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2020 6:57 AM

Well, I'm running Catalina on Macs from 2012 and later so upgrading should be no problem. If you have 32bit apps you need to run or don't want to purchase upgrades I would suggest you upgrade to Mojave.

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

5 replies

Brand new apple keyboard but can't see "Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.