You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked apple id and forgotten trusted phone number

I am unable to log into my AppleID as the trusted phone number is not a number I recognise or remember. Is there another way I can reset my AppleID password?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 7:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 7:56 PM

See if anything here helps. If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204974

4 replies

Feb 24, 2020 8:00 PM in response to nasir2020

Change Trusted Device list for your Apple ID on Mac - Apple Support

4 Ways to Change the Trusted Number for Your Apple ID on iPhone or iPad

You need another trusted device or telephone number.

See Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support:

A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 and later, or a Mac with OS X El Capitan and later that you've already signed in to using two-factor authentication.

Feb 24, 2020 8:33 PM in response to nasir2020

You have to be able to log into your Apple ID in order to make any changes.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Jan 22, 2020 - You can update your trusted phone numbers when you follow these steps: Go to your Apple ID account page. Sign in with your Apple ID. Go to the Security section and click Edit.

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Locked apple id and forgotten trusted phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.