You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Somebody is logging on with my apple id,

Hi There

Every time I attempt to get a verification code my cell phone tells me someone is trying to log in from a different area.

Therefore I got a manual verification code from my settings and changed my password online in the cloud. I logged out all devices.

After changing the password, when I try to sign in it tells me someone is using my apple ID from another location.

Can anyone let me know what is going on? What can I do? I am a little worried!

Thanks

Julie

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 3:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 7:24 AM

Hi Eric!

Thank you for your response. Yes I believe it is me trying to log in and the GPS with apple might be off a little. It scared me because the message said someone was trying to log in from a city in Switzerland that is very far away from my city. Something like 4 to 5 hours. However I believe it is like you mentioned that it is a server location. Nonetheless I am back in, and I changed my password.

Thank both of you for taking your time to manage my question. Best Regards from Switzerland

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 25, 2020 7:24 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric!

Thank you for your response. Yes I believe it is me trying to log in and the GPS with apple might be off a little. It scared me because the message said someone was trying to log in from a city in Switzerland that is very far away from my city. Something like 4 to 5 hours. However I believe it is like you mentioned that it is a server location. Nonetheless I am back in, and I changed my password.

Thank both of you for taking your time to manage my question. Best Regards from Switzerland

Feb 25, 2020 7:13 AM in response to Stillilove

I think what donv is referring to is if this is an e-mail you received, or a popup on the screen, about the time you were actually logging in, there is probably nothing to worry about. The location in the e-mail is where your ISP reported it. If their servers are in a location distant from you, there will be a large error. Based on other posts I have read, the distant error can be very large.

Somebody is logging on with my apple id,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.