You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 - Others can't hear me on calls

I purchased my iPhone 8 less than a year ago. Over the past couple of months I am having an issue when I am on calls. I can hear the person on the call just fine but they stop hearing me. It happens whether I am holding the phone or have it on speakerphone. I tried removing the case and testing voice memos (which worked fine) and it is continuing to happen multiple times during a single call. I also turned off Phone Noise Cancellation and that didn't fix it either. Help!!

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 12:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 1:28 PM

There is nothing blocking the microphone (I removed case and checked for debris), voice memo test worked fine. Issue is intermittent - others stopping hearing me on calls - happens whether I am holding the phone or on speakerphone.

3 replies

iPhone 8 - Others can't hear me on calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.