You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Received an email letter regarding purchase

I received an email letter stating that my Apple ID was used to purchase an App from the app store on a computer or device that had never been associated with my apple ID. It allows you to click a link, and it looks like a real apple page.

I was just wondering if this is a scam. The letters look fuzzy and their are misspelled words on the letter.

No one made these charges, and I cannot find the charges on my Apple account.

This was from: payment-report@apple.com (sxmfjymwwvgvwfpyfeyhkezakaz-451620@fgaek.com) and it was emailed to: confirm-service47556@att.net

and I was in the BCC

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 26, 2020 10:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2020 10:37 AM

It's a phishing email designed to steal your Apple ID credentials. Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support provides an explanation/reporting tips.

3 replies

Received an email letter regarding purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.