You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I get my iPad checked for a virus?

ok so I made a post saying how do I get my iPad virus checked cuz meepcity on Roblox got hacked and I’ve been on Roblox so I’m suspicious I might have a virus please tell me some reliable sources where I can get my iPad checked for a virus oh crap help

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 1, 2020 4:42 AM

6 replies

Mar 1, 2020 12:19 PM in response to azlan224

You’re unlikely to be satisfied with anything here. You are fearful. You are not familiar with the topic area. We are all being bombarded with messages designed to sell to us. Selling us fear. Selling us peace-of-mind. Selling us magical solutions. (Many of which are problematic, BTW. If not junk.)

And absolutely nothing we can tell you here—NOTHING—will convince you. Because nobody here can absolutely confirm whether you’re not infected.

Yes, there is iPad malware around. It’s really expensive, and used for industrial espionage, political targeting, against investigative journalists, folks with access to classified or sensitive data, and high-profile dissidents. Very seldom against random folks.

Worse for this and for many other discussions, the term “virus” is effectively now little more than a term for something that is different or changed, and not understood. Quite commonly, those unfamiliar changes were not caused by malware.

So convince me.

Exactly how do you know you are “infected”? What specific evidence of compromise do you have?

And exactly how are you worth targeting, who, and how much would somebody be willing to spend on “infecting” your iPad?

Are you using two-factor authentication on your Apple ID?

Do you have VPN clients or add-on iPad anti-malware installed here?

With some evidence and some indications, we might well get to a solution. But we cannot absolutely confirm no malware.

Now if you are a valuable target and are worth risking the exposure of a million dollars or so of tooling to target you, or if you are working for or are otherwise associated with an entity that is well worth targeting, random posters in forums are far from the best resource for security information.

Where can I get my iPad checked for a virus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.