You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud deleting photos

My iCloud space is full, so I would like to delete photos form my iCloud, but keep them in on my iPhone. I dont know if that is even possible, or is the only option to delete them from my phone too?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 1, 2020 6:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2020 1:53 PM

If you are actively syncing photos to iCloud, if you delete them from iCloud, they will delete from the phone. If you want to keep them on the phone, you would have to stop syncing photos to iCloud before doing the deletion from iCloud. If you decide to do that, make sure you have full resolution photos on the phone before you turn off iCloud syncing.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 1, 2020 1:53 PM in response to katjakodric98

If you are actively syncing photos to iCloud, if you delete them from iCloud, they will delete from the phone. If you want to keep them on the phone, you would have to stop syncing photos to iCloud before doing the deletion from iCloud. If you decide to do that, make sure you have full resolution photos on the phone before you turn off iCloud syncing.

iCloud deleting photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.