You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPad won't let me use it saying that I need to activate it than saying "that the activation server cannot be reached"

My iPad won't allow me to use it as it states I need to reactivate it and prompts me to choose a wifi network, than says "that the activation server cannot be reached"

how do I fix this

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Mar 3, 2020 7:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2020 3:36 AM

An initial first step might be to simply restart your home broadband router - as this often clears this issue...

Disconnect power from your router, wait 30 seconds, then restart. When your router has completed it’s reboot, force-force restart your iPad:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/ipad/ipad63d30b5a/ipados

If the combined restart of your Router and iPad do not help, then contacting Apple Support might be your next best step. You’ll find the link to Contact Support at top-right of this page.

Alternatively, you should take your iPad along to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - where the technicians will be delighted to help you.

I hope you find this information to be helpful in resolving the problem.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 4, 2020 3:36 AM in response to tenille1903

An initial first step might be to simply restart your home broadband router - as this often clears this issue...

Disconnect power from your router, wait 30 seconds, then restart. When your router has completed it’s reboot, force-force restart your iPad:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/ipad/ipad63d30b5a/ipados

If the combined restart of your Router and iPad do not help, then contacting Apple Support might be your next best step. You’ll find the link to Contact Support at top-right of this page.

Alternatively, you should take your iPad along to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - where the technicians will be delighted to help you.

I hope you find this information to be helpful in resolving the problem.

my iPad won't let me use it saying that I need to activate it than saying "that the activation server cannot be reached"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.