You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring a single app from iPad to iPhone?

I updated an app on my iPhone X, not realising that the update had made it go from useful to terrible.

I still have the previous (good) version of this app on my iPad.

Is it possible just to restore that single app from the iPad backup to my iPhone, without the whole iPad backup transferring to my iPhone?

Both iPhone and iPad are running iOS 13.3.1

Any help from iOS brains on this forum would be much appreciated, please!

iPhone X

Posted on Mar 4, 2020 10:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2020 10:50 AM

Apps are not stored in backups so you couldn’t restore an app from a backup. Nor can you restore one single item from a backup.

Your purchase history is stored in a backup and that means when you restore that backup, the apps that you have purchased will download from the cloud per your purchase history.

If you download the app again, you would only be downloading the most recent updated version, so unfortunately you are stuck with the app as it is now.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 4, 2020 10:50 AM in response to BlueberryiMac

Apps are not stored in backups so you couldn’t restore an app from a backup. Nor can you restore one single item from a backup.

Your purchase history is stored in a backup and that means when you restore that backup, the apps that you have purchased will download from the cloud per your purchase history.

If you download the app again, you would only be downloading the most recent updated version, so unfortunately you are stuck with the app as it is now.

Restoring a single app from iPad to iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.